VisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Opening Date: December 13, 2021
Position: Internal Auditor Division Manager
Duty station: Addis Ababa (Head Office)
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for the position of Internal Auditor Division Manager. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. JOB SUMMARY
The primary objective of the job is to managerial, professional internal auditing work, participate in developing the strategic and annual internal audit plan, and provide on-going coaching and supervision to internal audit staff and ensure whether internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with internal audit standards for the professional practice of internal auditing. Maintains organizational and professional ethical standards set on the internal auditing charter and code of conduct.
2. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement and make follow-up on the execution of the Annual Audit Plan.
• Establish and assign audit teams to the specific audit engagements
• Reviews and approves the engagement plan and audit programs developed by the team leader prior to its implementation.
• Develop and apply a system of schedule control over audit projects and engagements.
• Planning audit assignments effectively, allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate term of reference is set for each review.
• Evaluating and reviewing Internal Auditor’s recommendations to the improvement of the institution’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes and provide comment for improvement.
• Report to the Chief Internal Auditor, findings where the risks have the greatest impact and high likelihood of occurring.
• Prepares quarterly progress report that discusses all significant audit findings rectification status and other issues and submits to the Chief Internal Auditor.
• Producing audit reports to meet the required standard for reporting to senior management.
• Evaluate/asses, the overall strength of the internal control system of the MFI and by forming a virtual team and submit to the Chief Internal Auditor.
• Manages the audit staff under its domain in the identification, development and documentation of audit issues and recommendations for improvement.
• Appraise the Performance of Senior Auditors, and audit staff under his/her domain.
• Monitor accumulated leave cases of audit staff under its domain.
• Maintain updated records for fixed assets and make sure those handing and takeover formalities are performed properly.
• Approve travel advance requests of Senior Auditors and Internal Auditors and make follow-up of its settlement.
• Review, sort and compile Audit reports produced by the audit teams and provide comment for improvement.
• Forward proposal to Chief Internal Auditor with regard to the recruitment, selection, training and evaluating of audit staff.
• Motivates, develop and manage performance of Senior Auditors and Auditors.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with internal audit and business personnel.
• Participate quarterly experience sharing sessions with the Internal Audit Teams and provide regular feedback on how to improve the area of weaknesses.
• Make sure proper follow-up and action have been taken on the un-rectified issues by the team leaders.
• Performs related work as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
• B.A/Master’s Degree in business related field
• Preferred additional qualification: ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA
• A minimum of 8/10 years of work experience for BA/MA/MBA, out of which 2 years as Senior Internal Auditor.
• Coaches & Mentors
• Deals with Conflict
• Drive for Result
• Emotional Intelligence
• Empowers others through delegation
• Learning Agility
• Manages performance
• Operates from a strategic perspective
• Organizational awareness & diplomacy
• Provides motivational support
• Manages Relationships
• Sets & provides clear Direction
• Technical Competency
2. Terms of employment: Permanent
3. Salary & Benefits: As per the Institution salary scale
4. Closing Date: Dec 23, 2021
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements can send the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials to VFE_vacancy@wvi.org or in person to VF MFI SC Head Office located Gerji Mebrat Haile infront of Mulmul Dabo or P.O.Box 31478
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
Note: – Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment
To apply for this job email your details to VFE_vacancy@wvi.org